Saturday, January 7, 2017

Beautiful Budapest



   I love coming to Budapest as this is the city I grew up in. These picures are of my favorite parts of the city. Vaci street is a walking street with many shops to stop by. At the end of the street, at Vorosmarty square, there is a great Christmas market. Hungarian markets have many handcrafted gifts to choose from as well as traditional Hungarian food. I am eating langos, fried dough covered in sour cream and grated cheese. I also had the best hot chocolate of my life here!  
   Hosok tere is another favorite of mine. It is a giant square with statues towering over it. A short walk from Hosok tere is Vajdahunyad vara. This castle offers great architecture on the outside and a museum of agriculture on the inside. Right outside of the castle is an ice skating ring. In the summer it turns into a pond for rowing a boat and feeding ducks! We will have to come back in the summer next time!
Trench coat: Old, Packable down coat: Michael Kors, Turteleneck: Brooks Brothers, Winter white cords: J. Crew, Riding boots: Aldo, Gold hat: Calvin Klein, Purse: Ralph Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment